Luiz Carlos Trabuco was born in Marília on 6th October, 1951. After graduating in Sao Paulo from the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters, he pursued a post-graduation course in Socio-Psychology at Fundação School of Sociology and Politics in São Paulo. When he attained the age of 18, he started his career at Bradesco.
Due to his hard work and outstanding skills, he was elevated to many positions in the bank; each time, a higher rank than the previous. He occupied positions such as Department Director, Managing Director Executive, Executive Vice President, Manager, and currently, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bradesco Bank. Under his management, Bradesco Seguros doubled in size to assets worth R $ 78 from R $ 32 within a period of five years.
Bradesco is among the largest financial institutions in Brazil. Since its formation in 1943, it has been offering excellent services based on the interests of the clients. Luiz Carlos Trabuco was appointed chairman to replace the retired Lazaro de Mello Brandao, who at 91 years, was among the oldest serving bank chairmen in the entire world. He decided to resign after serving as chairman in the company for over twenty five years.
Criteria for Choosing New Leaders
Luiz Carlos Trabuco is expected to name his successor after the bank reduced the retirement age of CEO’s from 67 to 65 years last year. He is to occupy the position until another CEO is elected in March. For the time being, he will hold both the chairman and CEO positions until changes are made.
The retired president supports promoting current employees into his position rather than bringing in new talents. The financial group looks forward to electing a new CEO to succeed Lazaro de Mello Brandao from amongst the serving employees. The same culture fostered by Brandao will be appied when choosing a replacement for Trabuco Bradesco.
The reason for choosing the already serving ranks is because they understand how the institution works unlike new hires who will have no clue about the new responsibility. The bank will choose the new CEO from its seven top ranking executives.
Candidates for the CEO Position
Possible candidates who are likely to become the CEO of Bradesco Bank hold various executive ranks in the company. The seven candidates include:
· Mauricio Machado de Minas who is a 58-year-old holding a position in the Information Technology (IT) department since the year 2009.
· Alexandre da Silva Gluher, a 57 years old chief risk officer at Bradesco since 1976.
· Domingos Figueiredo Abreu who is 58 years old and positioned in the treasury and lending departments.
· 57-year-old Josue Augusto Pancini, who is in charge of the bank’s branch network.
· Marcelo de Araujo Noronha, a 52 years old officer in charge of investment and corporate banking.
· Octavio de Lazari, who is the newest person in the bank’s higher ranks and responsible for the lender’s insurance unit.
· Andre Rodrigues Cano, a 59 years old executive in the human resources department.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco is known for his outstanding performance which always maintains the bank’s title as the second-largest bank in Brazil according to market results.
Find more about Luiz Carlos Trabuco: https://www.terra.com.br/economia/trabuco-assumira-presidencia-do-conselho-do-bradesco-banco-nomeara-novo-chefe-executivo-em-marco,9fb1d7fe927d7f26678a7543f82f02edw3u6oihm.html